Oh how I miss my Tatung Einstein.
It was a great 8Bit machine that I never appreciated properly.
I had the original TC01 with BBC Basic disk, 80 column card, Printer, Speculator (Hardware ZX Spectrum Emulator), ZipStick Joystick, most of the games and applications and loads of books and every copy of Tatung Einstein User magazine.
Today I have found the company that used to supply the Einstein software and Hardware after Tatung gave up.
A swift eMail has been composed and sent to see how much their New Old Stock is. Fingers crossed I can get the Einstein back in my collection!
- There are 2 types of Tatung Einstein; Both detailed below;
- CPU: Zilog Z80A @ 4 MHz
- 64K RAM
- 8K to 32K ROM
- Z84C30 CTC
- Z84C20 PIO
- intel 8251 SIO
- 1770 FDC Floppy disk Controllers
- Z80 ‘Tube’ bus/interface
- Analogue joystick Ports
- RAM: 64 KB system RAM; 16 KB video RAM
- Video: Texas Instruments TMS9129 16 colours, 32 sprite planes
- Audio: AY-3-8910 (Also Reads keyboard Matrix)
Like the MSX specification
- 64K User RAM 192K Video RAM
- Video : V9938, 512 colours